QSC KW152 15-inch 2-way 1000wt Powered Speaker
- K Series performance in a more lightweight trapezoidal design
- 15" 2-way speaker with a a 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- 1000-Watt Class D power module (2 x 500W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosure
- 4-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade, 16-gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
- Configuration: 15" 2-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: -
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 47Hz-18kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6dB): 60° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 133dB peak
- Power output: 1000 W Class D (500W LF, 500W HF) continuous
- Input impedance (ohms): Channel A XLR / 1/4":
- Mic gain setting: 0dB (Balanced: 38k, Unbalanced: 19k), +12db (Balanced: 10k, Unbalanced: 5k), +24dB (Balanced: 2.66k, Unbalanced: 1.33k), +36dB (Balanced: 660 ohms, Unbalanced: 330 ohms)
- Channel B XLR/1/4": 38k balanced/19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0dB / 12dB / 24dB / 36dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24dB and 36dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/1/4" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- AC Power: Consumption (1/8 power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A, 120 VAC, 2.01 A, 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16-gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 32.1" x 17.5" x 15.2", 816mm x 445mm x 386mm
- Weight (Net): 62lb. (28kg)CM
Building on the success of QSC's K Series, the 2-way KW152, like the rest of the KW Series, represents QSC's next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. The system engineers created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of the popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like it's K Series predecessors, the KW152 active speaker features a QSC designed, 1000W (2 x 500) Class D power module. It is also fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device and 15" cone transducer of the same high-quality design.
Defined Coverage Area
The QSC KW152 speaker also comes with Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) technology which provides matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
Intrinsic Correction: first featured in QSC's high-end line array products, it maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency, and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field
DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies
GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping
The KW152, like all the KW Series speakers, features a four-position mic / line gain switch that lets you connect to a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for daisy-chaining of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Onboard switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW152 features a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the onboard Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be daisy-chained for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The KW152, like all its KW Series brethren, is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long-term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications.