- 8-input, 2-bus design
- Built-in DSP for high quality effects
- 3-band EQ on inputs
- One-knob compression on 2 channels
- Microphone stand mountable (requires BMS-10A)
- Frequency Response: STEREO OUT, EFFECT SEND (AUX SEND*), MONITOR OUT, REC OUT
- GAIN: min (CH 1/5/6) 20Hz — 20 Hz Nominal output level @ 1kHz: -3.0 — 1.0 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD + N) STEREO OUT, +14 dBu @ 20 Hz-20 kHz, Input GAIN Control at minimum : 0.1%
- Hum & Noise:
- CH INPUT 1,2 MIC, EIN (Equivalent Input Noise): Rs = 150 Ohms, GAIN: maximum (CH. 1, 2): -128 dBu
- STEREO OUT, STEREO Master control at nominal level and all channel Level controls at minimum: -87 dBu
- EFFECT SEND (AUX SEND), all CH. EFFECT (AUX) controls at minimal: 85 dBu
- STEREO OUT, STEREO Master Control and one CH fader at nominal level (Ch1,2) : -64 dBu
- STEREO OUT Residual Output Noise —100 dB
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): Adjacent Input CH 1, 2: -70 dB; Input to Output STEREO L/R, CH 1-2, PAN: panned hard left or right: -70 dB
- Phantom Voltage MIC: + 48V
- Input HPF: CH 1-5/6, 80 Hz, 12 dB/oct
- Input equalization CH 1-5/6 HIGH: 10 kHz (shelving), MID: 2.5 kHz (peaking), LOW: 100 Hz (shelving); CH 7/8, 9/10 HIGH: 10 kHz (shelving), LOW: 100 Hz (shelving)
- PEAK Indicator: Red LED turns on when post EQ signal (either post MIC HA or post EQ signal for CH 3/4, 5/6) reaches -3 dB below clipping (+17 dBu).
- Internal Digital Effect* : 16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control, Foot Switch (Digital Effect On/Off)
- LED Level Meter, Pre MONITOR Level, 2 x 7 points LED meter (PEAK, +6, +3, 0, -5, -10, -20 dB), PEAK lights if the signal level reaches 3 dB below the clipping level.
- Power Supply Adaptor PA-10: AC 35 VCT, 0.62 A, Cable Length = 3.6 m
- Power Consumption: 21 W
- Dimensions (l x w x h): 15.4" x 14.2" x 5.3"
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
The Yamaha MG82cx mixer offers sonic quality that will satisfy the most critical listener, surprising flexibility and ease-of-use, and some advanced features you normally wouldn't find in this type of compact mixer. The MG82cx weighs only 3-1/2 lb. and is small enough to pop into your briefcase or shoulder bag and easily take with you anywhere. But the performance you'll get at the studio, club, outdoors, or anywhere you choose to use these fine mixers is far from lightweight.
Inputs & Channels
Flexible 10 Input Channel Configurations
The Yamaha MG82cx has a total of 8 input channels comprised of 2 mono microphone/line channels and three stereo line channels. Two of the stereo channels can be used as mono microphone inputs, providing a total of four microphone inputs when necessary. Gain trim covers a wide -60dB to -16dB range for microphone input, and -34dB to +10dB for line input.
Comprehensive, Easy-access Connector Panel
Top-mounted input and output connectors make setting up and re-patching your system quick and easy. It features high-quality Neutrik balanced XLR connectors on both mono microphone/line channels and two of the stereo channels. The XLR-equipped stereo channels can accept mono microphone input either via the XLR or phone jack connectors. The remaining stereo channel on the MG82cx mixer provides phone jack and pin jack connectors for compatibility with a wide range of sources. The two mono input channels also feature insert I/O connectors that let you patch external signal processing gear into those channels as required. Separate pin-jack 2TR inputs are provided to accept the output from a CD player or similar stereo source.
4 High-Performance Microphone Preamplifiers with Switchable Phantom Power
Microphone preamplifiers are critical in any audio mixer, and a performance bottleneck in many. That's why pros often spend thousands of dollars on just a single channel of microphone pre-amplification. The microphone preamps built into the MG mixers inherit technology from Yamaha's top-line professional consoles, and have been painstakingly designed to deliver superior sonic performance with any dynamic or condenser microphone. All four microphone preamps also feature switchable phantom power so you can take advantage of the natural, extended response of high quality condenser microphones. A single switch turns phantom power on or off for all four channels.
Built-in Channel Compressors
This advanced feature can be a tremendous advantage in achieving great vocal sound. It can also be used to refine the sound of bass, guitar, and other sources. You won't find built-in channel compression on too many other mixers in this class, but in the MG82cx you have Yamaha's innovative one-knob compression feature on mono input channels 1 and 2. Conventional audio compressors with their threshold, ratio, knee, makeup gain and other controls can be complex and time-consuming to set appropriately for a given source. Yamaha's one-knob compressor eliminates the need for an engineering degree with a single control that lets you simply dial in the amount of compression you want.
3-Band Channel EQ and High-pass Filter
Building a truly useful, musical-sounding channel equalizer is no easy task, but Yamaha has decades of experience in building pro consoles to draw on, and you reap the benefits in the MG-series mixers. Channels 1, 2, 3/4, and 5/6 feature full 3-band equalizers with LOW, MID, and HIGH controls, while channels 7/8 has 2-band EQ for smooth equalization of stereo sources.
Master and output section
Yamaha's MG82cx mixer has EFFECT send controls on all channels that adjust the level of the signal sent from the corresponding channel to the mixer's internal multi-effect system. The same signal can also be sent to external effect processors via the mixer's EFFECT SEND jack. A RETURN control in the master section adjusts the level of the signal returned from external processors via the RETURN jacks.
Stereo, Control Room, Monitor, and Headphone Outputs
Located above the mixer's master controls, on the convenient easy-access connector panel, are the main stereo output connectors, phone-jack monitor output connectors, pin-jack recording outputs, and a stereo headphone jack. They may be compact, but these mixers offer plenty of connectivity for a wide range of applications
Lightweight, Portable Design
The Yamama MG82cx weighs only 1.6 and 1.5 kilograms. That's small enough to pop into your briefcase or shoulder bag and easily take with you anywhere. But the performance you'll get at the studio, club, outdoors, or anywhere you choose to use these fine mixers is far from lightweight.
Bright Meters for Visual Level Monitoring
Accurate visual level monitoring can help you achieve maximum signal-to-noise ratio without distortion. The MG mixer's bright, easy-to-read 12-segment LED meters make it easy to control system levels for optimum overall performance.
Yamaha MG82cx Built-in SPX Effects
There's an astonishing amount of SPX signal processing power packed into the MG82cx's diminutive chassis. It incorporates a versatile digital multi-effect processor that provides a range of reverb, delay, modulation, and distortion programs you can use to refine and define your sound. Each of the 16 effect programs has a number of editable parameters as well as effect on/off switching capability and return level control. If you need to keep both hands free to play an instrument or perform other operations, an optional footswitch can be connected to the mixer's effect footswitch jack for convenient on/off switching.
All switches, controls, and displays have been designed and laid out for intuitive access and smooth, reliable operation with positive tactile and visual feedback.