- Precise 24-bit/96-kHz Audio and High-performance Head Amps
- 56-input 18-bus Mix Capacity at 96 kHz
- Powerful Channel Functions with Flexible Control and Patching
- Four Advanced Multi-effect Processors Include Surround Effects
- Comprehensive Interface with Touch-sensitive 100-mm Motor Faders
- 02R96 Editor Software Supplied
- Sophisticated DAW or Digital Recorder Integration
- An Ideal Platform for Surround Production
- Enhanced Surround Monitoring Environment Includes Bass Management
- New Features in 02R96 Version 2
- DAW Control:
- Advanced Nuendo support.
- Use Pro Tools remote to control surround panning.
- Control MMC/P2 transport from the DAW remote layer.
- Surround Features:
- 6.1 panning and 6.1 monitoring.
- Surround bus setup.
- Snap to SPL 85 dB.
- Surround pan on/off (using the Follow Pan switch).
- Simultaneous auditioning of surround monitor sources (BUS+ASSIGN1, BUS+ASSIGN2).
- Broadcast Features:
- Mix-Minus function.
- Password-protected operation lock.
- Pre-fader solo with pan.
- Fader/solo release.
- 1 kHz / 400 Hz dual oscillator.
- Live Sound Features:
- User-assignable layer.
- Group master faders (user-assignable layer).
- Group master mutes (user-defined keys).
- Instant group assign (user-defined keys).
- AUX pre-fader pre-ON (AUX pre-point).
- Global paste to multiple scenes.
- Instant AUX monitoring (AUX/solo link).
- Global fade time / Global recall safe.
- Gain reduction meter display for all channels.
- Production Features:
- Automix static insert.
- Support for add-on effects.
- Added GPI parameters (high/low trigger, latch/unlatch)
- Internal processing: 32-bit (Accumulator 58-bit)
- Sampling frequency rate: Internal 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz; External Normal rate - 44.1 kHz(-10%) to 48 kHz(+6%); Double rate - 88.2 kHz(-10%) to 96 kHz(+6%)
- Fader: 25x 100mm motorized, touch sensitive fader
- Total harmonic distortion (Input Gain=Min.): Less than 0.05%, 20Hz to 20 kHz @+14dB into 600ohms; Less than 0.01%, 1kHz @+18dB into 600ohms; CH INPUT to STEREO OUT (@Sampling frequency = 96 kHz)
- Frequency response: 0.5, -1.5dB, 20Hz to 20 kHz @+4dB into 600ohms (@Sampling frequency = 48 kHz); 0.5, -1.5dB, 20Hz to 40 kHz @+4dB into 600ohms (@Sampling frequency = 96 kHz)
- Dynamic range: (maximum level to noise level); 110dB typ. DA Converter (STEREO OUT); 105dB typ. AD+DA (to STEREO OUT)
- Hum & noise level ** (20Hz to 20kHz), Rs=150ohms, Input Gain=Max, Input Pad=0dB, Input Sensitivity=-60dB : -128dB Equivalent Input Noise.(20Hz to 20 kHz); -92dB residual output noise. STEREO OUT; STEREO OUT off.; -92dB(98dB S/N) STEREO OUT; STEREO fader at nominal level and all CH INPUT faders at minimum level; -64dB(68dB S/N) STEREO OUT; STEREO fader at nominal level and one CH INPUT fader at nominal level
- Crosstalk(@1kHz): Input Gain=Min: 70dB adjacent input channels (CH1 to 24); 70dB input to output
- Power requirements: AC120V, 60Hz, 200W
- Power consumption: 190W (with MB02R96)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 02R96: 667 x 239 x 697 mm / 26.3 x 9.4 x 27.4 in, With MB and SP: 700 x 352 x 762 mm / 27.6 x 13.9 x 30.0 in
- Weight: 02R96: 34kg / 75lbs, With MB and SP: 39.4kg / 86.9lbs
The 02R96VCM Mixing Console is backed by the strong reputation of Yamaha's line of production mixers that have evolved over time in response to user needs: the 02R, debuting in 1995 and a fundamental reason for Yamaha's 2007 Technical Grammy Award, 2002's 02R96, and the 02R96 Version 2 released in 2004.
Featuring 56 input channels and 18 mixing busses, the Yamaha 02R96VCM digital mixing console incorporates the impressive processing power of a custom Yamaha DSP7 LSI and offers the same array of robust channel functions as the DM2000 on its inputs and outputs. Its "selected channel" system fuses the controllability of a digital mixer with the feel of an analog desk for fast, intuitive operation. The analog input stages on the 02R96VCM mixer feature preamps descended from those of the DM2000, developed with the input of engineers from around the world to provide transparent sound that's perfect for the professional domain.
Want more? Take a look at the 5 plug-in packages that give you both space and creativity in the production workplace. Or consider the digital domain where EQ, compressor, tape saturation and guitar effects VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) plug-ins offer the warmth and depth of analog circuitry. The Yamaha 02R96VCM also boasts the outstanding REV-X reverb algorithm introduced in the SPX2000. What's more, it comes equipped with iSSP technology (see below) that makes creating realistic sound fields easy, giving you functionality within the console that would otherwise require outboard effects.
Versatile V2 features plus a formidable array of plug-in processors
The Yamaha 02R96VCM digital mixer is the 02R96 Version 2 plus a formidable array of state-of-the-art processing technologies that provide all-new production power. You now have extraordinary recreations of classic compression and EQ units from the 70s, simulations of several legendary analog open-reel tape decks, a complete suite of unmatched REV-X reverb effects, a surround post-production package that is second to none, and even a selection of vintage stomp boxes to spice up your mixes. And all of this is right at your fingertips, with no need to patch in external processors.
VCM technology is responsible for the classic compressor, EQ, analog tape deck, and stompbox effect simulations in the 02R96VCM. VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) technology actually models the characteristics of analog circuitry - right down to the last resistor and capacitor. VCM technology goes well beyond simply analyzing and modeling electronic components and emulating the sound of old equipment. It's capable of capturing subtleties that simple digital simulations cannot even approach, while actually creating ideal examples of sought-after vintage gear.
iSSP technology is the key to the 02R96VCM's incredible selection of surround post-production effects.
iSSP stands for "Interactive Spatial Sound Processing," and is Yamaha's original new spatial sound effect system. Designed through extensive research and exhaustive testing, this technology offers unparalleled reality, operability, and originality for surround processing applications. It delivers unprecedented sound-field positioning precision and versatility, as well as realistic sound source movement effects with simple operation that allows simulations of an almost unlimited variety of spatial environments.
"REV-X" is the advanced algorithm behind Yamaha's newest generation of reverb and ambience programs, offering unprecedented reverberation depth and realism with smooth decay. REV-X technology takes full advantage of the 24-bit 96-kHz processing capability of the 02R96 for reverb and ambience effects that have the reassuring warmth and reality of natural acoustic environments.
Seamless Add-on Effects Support
The 02R96VCM provides full support for all five of Yamaha's Add-on Effects packages (each package is sold separately). The advanced effects and signal-processing capabilities provided by these packages are accessed and operated via the console's internal effect processors in the same way as the built-in effects.
A Major Studio Manager Evolution
The mixer's Studio Manager application has undergone a major evolution, and is now a host application that can support multiple editors (such as the 02R96 Editor) within its framework. This offers many advantages including total project recall and smoother online and off-line editing with multiple 02R96 units. A variety of other enhancements include Add-on Effect support, multiple windows, and improved overall operability through shortcuts, keyboard operations, drag and drop, and using the console's User Defined Keys to remotely open and close windows. The Console Window now provides a quick online/off-line switch, the ability to show or hide the parameter block, user assignable layers, long stroke meters, quick jump to the Selected Channel window by double-clicking the EQ section, and numerical fader level indication. A Master Fader window and Meter window have been added for easier master level monitoring as well as simultaneous meter display for 48 channels plus gain reduction metering. There's also an Automix Library window that makes it much easier to use Automix. The Selected Channel window now shows gate type and long-stroke channel meters. The Patch Editor window can be resized, provides PM1D-like cursor shape and operation, and makes it possible to list and edit the port names. In the Library window you can operate multiple scenes and libraries simultaneously, recall them directly from hard disk, and link scene memories with patch libraries. As with the 02R96 itself, the Surround Editor window now supports 6.1 channels. You can also use the joystick in the Effect Editor window to control the ER/REV position of the REV 5.1 effect.