The V-4 is a 4-channel Video Mixer made for portable or fixed installation use. It is ideal for use in nightclubs, places of worship, theatres, and other live performances. The compact design of the V-4 gives you the freedom to make your video sources come alive.
For cutting-edge Multimedia artists, the V-4 offers V-LINK, an exciting new feature from Edirol and Roland that provides for realtime performance control over digital video, for the ultimate in creative expression. V-LINK allows the user to trigger clips, perform video effects and transitions in real-time when connected with the Edirol DV-7PR (sold separately). The V-4 video mixer also has MIDI in/out/through, for real-time or sequenced control of video sources with effects and transitions.
Video Mixer / Switcher with 4-ch input
- V-4 is equipped with four composite (RCA Pin) inputs plus two S-video (Y/C) inputs. V-4 offers scene transition of the four video sources with Dissolve, Wipes (with a total of about 200 variations), and Switching. The V-4 outputs the same video source to all the three jacks (Composite x 2, S-video x 1), for simultaneous monitoring and displaying, without resorting to external distribution boxes.
Professional Video Quality
- The input video sources are processed completely in the digital domain, and give professional video quality (13.5MHz, 8-bit, 4:2:2, DV quality). Ideal for use on large screens, and because the V-4 internal processing is digital there is no quality loss.
Independent 2-channel TBC / Frame Synchronizer
- The input sources go through independent 2-channel TBC (Time Base Correction) circuits to correct the time code, independent 2-channel Frame Synchronizers are also applied to the two sources at this stage. These processes enable smooth transitions and Dissolves, and ensuring stable images all the time.
Independent 2-channel Digital Effects
- V-4 features independent 2-channel Video effects that include a rich selection of digital effects (refer to spec sheet). The V-4 also features composition effects such as Picture-in-Picture, Chroma-key, and Luminance-key. The effects are recallable by a single button press.
Professional-use T-Bar Video Fader
- Professional-use T-Bar cross fades for quick and intuitive operation. A V-4 innovation is that you chose to attach the fade however you like, either, vertically as standard for video mixer, or horizontally as a DJ mixer fader. The fader resolution has over 100 steps and offers extremely smooth transitions. Its metal body as well as its fader is strong and durable to be used in your active performance.
- V-4 is designed for its functions and operations to be clear from the front panel. Because it is simple to use its easy-to-use operation will enhance your realtime performance. Most of the V-4 functions can be selected and controlled without resorting to the manual.
Preview Function and On-Screen Menu
- The preview function is controlled by the source selection button, and enables the user to monitor each of the input sources 1-4 or the output source before transition, to a single preview monitor, no more multiple preview monitors! You can control V-4's major functions (Ex. Effect selection, MIDI input setting, etc.) from the dedicated preview screen using the convenient On-Screen Menu. This is separate from the output to the main outs, so you can view it anytime you want.
Convenient User Memory Function
- V-4's User memory function allows you to memorize and conveniently recall the panel settings, such as effect assignment to each button. The memory is saved even while the power is off, so you can store the frequently-used setting. Maximum eight configurations.
Synchronization between Audio and Video/Connection with MIDI Equipment
- The V-4 features video transition/effects that can be synchronized with MIDI. The BPM (beat per minute) of transition/effects can be made to follow the beat of a music track by hitting the tap button (TAP function). The functions of V-4 can also be controlled via MIDI equipment such as a MIDI keyboard controller.
- Internal processing
Format: ITU601, NTSC or PAL format
Sampling: 13.5MHz, 4:2:2 (Y:B-Y:R-Y) / 8-bit
Frame Synchronizer: Individual 2-channel (Individual 2-channel TBC : Time Base Correction)
Dissolve, White fade, Black fade
Wipe (about 200 patterns)
Composite effects: Chroma-key, Luminance-key
Individual 2-channel effects: Colorize, Strobe, Picture-in-Picture, Mirror, Multi-screen, Negative,
Still (Field freeze or Frame freeze), Solarise, Color filter
- Video Input
S-Video (Y/C): 2 channels (Mini DIN 4-pin type)
Composite: 4 channels (RCA pin type)
- Video Output
S-Video out (Y/C): 1 channels (Mini DIN 4-pin type)
Composite out: Output : 2 channels (RCA pin type) Preview out : 1 channel (RCA pin type)
MIDI: MIDI IN x 1, MIDI OUT x 1 (Remote control through MIDI equipment)
TAP: BPM setting
- Power Supply
AC Adaptor: DC 9V (Model : PSB-1U, 117V/230V/240V)
- Dimensions: 290(D) x 225(W) x 75(H) mm, 3(D) x 8-7/8(W) x 11-7/16 (H) inches