1000W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization
- Precision crossover (125Hz)
- Tuning filters for accurate bass response
- 18-inch woofer delivers superior output and low- frequency extension
- Dual XLR inputs for mono or stereo applications
- Stereo high-pass and full range outputs
- User-adjustable level and polarity controls
- Individual power, signal, OL, and thermal protect indicators
- Pole receptacle for mounting full-range loudspeakers
- Solid plywood enclosure with high-durability, textured black paint
- Extremely lightweight and portable (73 lbs / 33.1 kg)
The Mackie SRM1801 18" Powered Subwoofer delivers powerful, chest-thumping lows, perfect for your SRM450v2 PA system. The SRM1801 has a ported bass reflex design that produces tight low end. And the lightweight, ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ power amplifier delivers 1000W power with less risk of thermal overload. This makes the sub extremely lightweight and portable, without compromising the power and performance that you need. It's the first ever 18" subwoofer specifically designed for use with the best-selling SRM450v2—add some serious low end to your portable PA with the SRM1801.
What does 1000W of power mean to you? It means having a subwoofer that delivers rump-shaking bass night after night. It means getting class-leading power and output. To accomplish this, the SRM1801 features Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification. Class-D amps are more efficient and lightweight, with far less waste heat produced versus competing designs. Fast Recovery means you can occasionally push into clipping without a ton of nasty distortion. So, power is no problem... but how does it sound? The SRM1801 benefits from built-in Active electronics, like a precision crossover and tuning filters for accurate bass response. Some subwoofers have decent power, but when you listen, everything sounds loose and flabby. The SRM1801 delivers professional low end that you can feel...custom tuned to be tight and punchy.
If you are looking into getting a subwoofer, than you probably have the following criteria in mind: You need as much power as possible. Well, the SRM1801 offers class-leading power in its price range. You need it to go low...body vibrating low. The SRM1801 has a high-output 18" woofer that can be felt from across the room. It's got to be easy to move and built to last. The SRM1801 incorporates features that make it lighter and more portable than the competition. Plus, it's made with rigid plywood (not fiberboard) to handle the rigors of the road. So, if you are looking for professional quality, portability and impressive low end for your SRM450v2 system, you have to check out the SRM1801.