Check the current OS Compatiblity here
- 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface
- 96 KHz, 24-bit conversion
- 2 Focusrite microphone preamplifiers
- Red anodised aluminium unibody chassis
- 2 line/mic/instrument combination inputs - high quality XLR/ ¼ “ TRS Jack Combo
- 2 line/inst switches
- 2 illuminating “PAD” buttons
- 2 Gain knobs
- 2 Gain halo signal indicators
- 48V Phantom power switch
- MIDI activity LED indicator
- USB connection LED indicator
- “DIRECT MONITOR” control
- “STEREO/MONO” switch for direct monitor
- Large monitor level dial (controls headphone and line level outputs)
- Headphone output - ¼” TRS Jack
- Headphone level knob
- “HEADPHONE SOURCE” switch
- 2 balanced monitor outputs – TRS (channels 1-2)
- 4 unbalanced outputs – RCA Phono (channels 1-4)
- MIDI IO
- USB 2.0 Port
- Kensington Lock slot
- Ableton Live Lite 8
- Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite
- Novation Bass Station
- Loopmasters content
High Quality Mic Preamps
- Scarlett 2i4 features two high quality award-winning mic preamps. With more than 25 years of experience designing analogue equipment, Focusrite produce the best mic preamps in the industry. With Scarlett 2i4, the best of analogue and digital are combined to provide a class-leading input stage for your audio.
High Quality Outputs
- With a dynamic range of over 105dB (real world performance), your music will sound amazing going out of Scarlett 2i4’s professional digital to analogue conversion, and into your DJ mixer, main speakers or headphones.
- On the back panel are MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports providing connectivity to your synth modules and digital pianos.
USB bus powered
- Take your Scarlett 2i4 anywhere! With USB bus powering, your Scarlett 2i4 will work anywhere your laptop will, even when using 48V Phantom power. No mains power supply required.
Rugged Metal Unibody Case
- The anodised aluminium unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand life on the road, and looks great in your setup.
Unique Signal Halos
- The gain halos which surround the gain knob for each input provide an easy way to know that the signal you’re recording is the right level. It will show green when the signal is at a good level (above -24dBFS). If it turns to red, you know that the signal is too loud and is therefore clipping – if this happens, simply reduce the gain until the halo returns to green.
Direct Monitor Function
- Turn the direct monitor control on the front panel of your Scarlett 2i4 and you will hear what you are recording through your speakers or headphones, without the signal having to go through your Mac or PC. This avoids the possibility of latency (introduced by your music software), which can be distracting while recording.
Included software for Mac and PC
- Inside the box you’ll find a code which will unlock Ableton Live Lite 8, as well as Focusrite’s Scarlett plug-in suite. Compatible with all major DAWs (digital audio workstations) on Mac and PC, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb – essential tools for polishing your mix.
The 2-in, 4-out USB interface for musicians and DJs
Scarlett 2i4 is a 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and four high-quality audio outputs. Housed in a rugged, anodised aluminium unibody chassis, the Scarlett 2i4 is the perfect audio interface for musicians and digital DJs and can fully withstand the rigours of the road.
Ready to make music!
Connect Scarlett 2i4 to your computer and get ready to make music! With the very best in digital audio technology and a great selection of input and output options, the Scarlett 2i4 will capture and play back your sound with superb quality.
Checking your levels
Scarlett’s unique “signal halos” let you know that you’ve got the right audio level for recording. Green is good, while red means that your audio is too loud and you need to lower the gain control.
With 4 RCA outputs, a large, tactile main monitor level control and a high-level headphone output with its own volume control – along with pristine audio quality, in a package ready for the road – Scarlett 2i4 is ideal for today's digital performers and laptop-based DJs.
Focusrite – Sound is everything
Focusrite was founded by Rupert Neve in 1985 to create the highest quality input channels for Sir George Martin’s AIR Studios. Those classic, sought-after designs have informed all Focusrite mic preamps created over the past 30 years. The mic pres included in Scarlett interfaces were designed specifically for the purpose, combining the best of our heritage design experience with the latest components and technologies. The mic pres are backed up with precision digital conversion based itself on over twenty years of converter design know-how. The result: interfaces that offer the most transparent, pristine path in and out of your computer with maximum conversion quality. It’s quality you’ll appreciate, whether you’re just starting out or have been in the business for years.