PIONEER DDJ-SX2 PLX-1000 Combo Pack
PIONEER DDJ-SX2 Performance DJ Controller for Serato DJ Software
- 4-Channel Performance DJ Controller Designed for Serato® DJ
- Dedicated buttons for Serato FLIP
- Updated Jog Wheel with "Hot Cue Countdown"
- Multi-Colored, Velocity Sensitive Performance Pads
- Serato DVS Upgrade Ready
The DDJ-SX2 is the industry's first controller to give DJs dedicated control of the new Serato Flip functions within Serato® DJ . Serato Flip is an expansion pack for Serato DJ that gives DJs the power to record and re-play hot cue sequences on the fly. The DDJ-SX2 is the only controller with designated buttons – Record, Start, and Slot – to put intuitive Serato Flip performances at their fingertips. The four-channel DDJ-SX2 builds on the popularity of its predecessor, but inherits two must-have features from the top-flight DDJ-SZ: Performance Pads with velocity sensitive, multi-colored LEDs and on-jog digital cue point markers. The DDJ-SX2 is also Serato DJ DVS upgrade ready and boasts improved jog wheel reaction time.
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
Multi-colored Performance Pads – Introduced in the top-of-the-line DDJ-SZ, the DDJ-SX2 now incorporates the highly attractive and functional multi-colored Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions. The various illumination colors provide quick identification of the different actions/commands such as beats and drum rolls. The eight pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, the output level from the pad can vary depending on the strength of each tap from the user.
Amplified MIC Input – Improved from the first generation, the controller features a balanced microphone (MIC) input circuit to provide clear audio output with no distortion regardless of the type or brand of microphone used. The controller can deliver clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
High Accuracy Jog Wheel – The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency, ensuring tasks such as "scratch" performances are at their highest levels. The model also features "Hot Cue Countdown" providing users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point, helpful in quickly arriving to a specified position in the music playing.
4-Channel Mixer – The DDJ-SX2 features an independent 4-channel mixer that can be used with other external sources such as turntables. Its master level meter provides instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel when used as a standalone mixer.
The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment. The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato's DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-Fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software
PIONEER PLX-1000 High-Torque Professional Direct Drive Turntable
The Pioneer PLX-1000 is a DJ-quality direct drive analog turntable designed for DJs who enjoy the look, feel, and performance of vinyl for music playback. The PLX-1000 offers a highly familiar, user-friendly control layout, high-torque direct drive mechanism, and exceptional audio playback quality. Combine the PLX-1000 with a Pioneer professional series DJM mixer for an ideal system for true vinyl enthusiasts.
The PLX-1000 at a Glance...
- User-friendly control layout
- High-torque direct drive system
- Designed for optimal sound quality
- Tempo control with variable width levels
- Detachable power and audio cables
User-friendly Control Layout
The PLX-1000 provides a user friendly layout familiar to top DJs of the past and present, providing quick tempo control capability on the right side of the player, start/stop button on the left side, and a high-torque platter with a lighted speed guide
High-Torque Direct Drive System
The direct drive mechanism of the PLX-1000 provides high-torque resulting in stable rotation and exceptional control. The turntable can achieve a starting torque of at least 4.5kg/cm and can reach its fixed rotation speed within 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3 rpm).
Sound Quality Design
To create an extremely stable player and prevent vibration, Pioneer utilized a heavy-mass zinc die-cast chassis for the top section of the player, reinforced with a bottom section made of 8-mm thick resin. The base of the unit was further enforced with 9-mm thick vibration-damping material that results in extremely stable playback. The tone arm also received great attention in build quality and design to maximize performance, using rubber insulation to minimize howling effects during audio playback. The RCA jacks feature gold-plated machine-cut parts for low impedance for excellent sound quality output.
The player provides a range of tempo adjustments from ±8% and ±16% to ±50%, giving users a range of pitch speeds. A "RESET" button for tempo sits next to the tempo slider for instant ±0% fixed rotation speed.
Detachable Power and Audio Cables
The PLX-1000 is built with a detachable power and audio cable connection for increased convenience, especially at times when the unit is being moved around. Users are also able to interchange cables to further customize the sound quality.
- Turntable sheet
- Slip mat
- Dust cover
- Head shell
- Balance weight
- Sub weight
- Shell weight
- Adapter for EP record
- Power cord
- Audio cable
- Ground wire
- Operating instructions
- Power Requirements: AC 110-120V/220-240V, 50 Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 9W
- Output: RCA x 1
- Main Unit Weight: 28.88 lbs.
- Maximum Dimensions: 17.83" (W) x 6.25" (H) x 13.89" (D)
- Drive Method: Quartz lock serve type direct drive
- Wow and Flutter: 0.1% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- Motor: 3-phase brushless DC motor
- S/N Ratio: 70dB (DIN-B)
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Turntable: Aluminum die-casting diameter: 13.07"
- Rotation Speed: 33-1/3rpm, 45rpm
- Starting Torque: 4.5kg-cm or more
- Rotation Speed Adjustment Range: ±8%, ±16%, ±50%
- Start Time: 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3rpm)
- Arm Type: Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static type balance
- Tracking Error: Within 3º
- Effective Length: 9.05"
- Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0.23"
- Overhang: 0.59"
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0oz to 0.14oz (1 scale 0, 0.03oz)
- Proper Cartridge Weight: Single cartridge: 0.12oz to 0.45oz (When shell weight is used: 0.12oz to 0.22oz)
- When only balanced weight is used: 0.21oz to 0.35oz (When sub weight is used: 0.33 to 0.45oz)