The Akai Professional MPK61 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller combines a piano-style keybed with a bank of genuine Akai Professional MPC pads, assignable Q-Linkcontroller and key technologies from the iconic MPC family of music production workstations.
Producers, performers and DJs appreciate the MPK61's mix of 61 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 16 MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity, 72 assignable Q-Link controllers, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and an arpeggiator. The MPK61's size is ideal for performers who need a larger keyboard than the original 49-key MPK49 offers, but also prefer the lighter weight and associated portability of a semi-weighted keyboard. The MPK61 retains the key split features from the MPK88, enabling you to divide the keyboard into two zones for performing with two different programs at once.
The MPK61 MIDI controller empowers you to create and manipulate melodic, harmonic and rhythmic content and inspires creative production with its arpeggiator, MPC Swing and MPC Note Repeat technologies.
The Akai MPK61 controller is bundled with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software, one of the most popular and powerful performance and production programs. Ableton Live Lite composes, records, remixes, and helps you improvise and edit musical ideas in a seamlessly. The MPK61 sends MIDI data over USB for plug-and-play performance with both Mac and PC computers. The Akai MPK61 works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software for musical performers from keyboard players to producers to DJs and VJs.
Akai MPK61 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Features:
- PDF Manual
- 61-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Control 72 software parameters with 24 assignable Q-Link controllers
- Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
- MPC note repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-level, tap tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai edition software
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software