The virtually limitless sonic palette.
The micron is an eight-voice analog-modeling synthesizer. Despite its small size, you'll be impressed with the micron's big sound. Whether you use a synth to accompany you on stage or in the studio, and whether you prefer to work with the hundreds of preset Alesis sounds or create your own, the micron is the perfect companion. The micron also contains a powerful sequencing section with phrase, step, and drum sequencing, an arpeggiator, and stereo effects.
The micron has two multi-mode filters, three envelope generators, and two LFOs: the full spectrum of synthesis components for shaping and creating sonorities and textures. For stage and studio-ready quality, the microne has 24-bit audio outputs and inputs via balanced connections.
Each of the micron’s voices contains two filters, and each filter can be one of the following different types, each with its own character and sonic flavor: Bypass, Low Pass: ob 2-pole, tb 3-pole, mg 4-pole, rp 4-pole, jp 4-pole, al 8-pole; Band Pass: ob 2-pole, al 6-pole, octave dual, band limit; High Pass: ob 2-pole, op 4-pole; three Vocal Formants, four Comb Filters, Phase Warp, Frequency, Resonance, Key Tracking, Envelope Amount, Offset, and Absolute.
Each of the micron’s voices contains two LFOs, each of which offers rate, depth, shape, and tempo sync; and three envelopes: Amp Envelope, Filter Envelope, and Pitch/Modulation Envelope.
The micron gives you a full compliment of stereo effects including Chorus, Feedback, Theta Flanger (Phaser + Flanger), Thru Zero Flanger, Super Phaser, Notch Frequency, String Phaser, 40-Band Vocoder, Analysis Gain, Sibilance Boost, Band Shift, Synthesis Input, Analysis Signal In, Analysis Mix, six types of Delay, and three types of Reverbs.
The micron gives you powerful synthesis capabilities, great sound, and excellent portability. On stage or in the studio, the micron is the perfect tool for creating exactly the sound you need.
- Special limited-edition blue design
- Analog modeling synth engine
- Eight voices, each with three oscillators
- Up to eight multi-timbral parts with stereo effects
- Two multimode filters, three envelope generators, two LFOs, sample and hold, tracking generator
- Dynamic real-time and step sequencers, arpeggiator, and drum machine/rhythm sequencer
- Stereo bus effects including reverbs and delays
- 24-bit 1/4" balanced stereo analog outputs and inputs
- 37-key synth-action keyboard with velocity sensitivity
- More than 600 preset sounds
- Synthesis: analog modeling (subtractive), noise generator, FM
- Polyphony: up to 8 voices
- Timbrality: up to 8 parts
- Oscillators: 3 per voice with continuously variable waveshapes, sync, linear and exponential FM, Ring Mod, routable modulation matrix per voice.
- Filters: 2 multi-mode resonating filters per voice with 16 filter types
- Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, tracking generator, freely routable modulation matrix per voice
- Effects: 4 drive effects, 1 per part; master effects
Sequencing: step sequencer, arpeggiator, drum machine/rhythm sequencer, and phrase sequencer
- Program memory: up to 1,000 programs and multi-timbral setups
- Velocity sensitive: Yes
- Keyboard: 37-key, synth action
- External control: MIDI in/out/thru
- Inputs: 2 balanced 1/4” TRS, mic
- Outputs: 2 balanced 1/4” TRS, 1/4” TRS headphone
- Pedal Inputs: Assignable expression pedal, sustain pedal